Concert For Cash 2011

WHAT:4th Annual Concert For Cash with The Hollyfelds and Hillbilly Inferno
WHEN: Saturday, January 22, 2011
WHERE: The Oriental Theater (http://www.theorientaltheater.com/)
4334 West 44th Ave, Denver, CO 80212
WHO: The Hollyfelds with Hillbilly Inferno
WHY: To raise money for programs at The Children’s Hospital
TICKETS
: $35.00 VIP Patron Party / $20.00 General Admission(doors open GA at 7:15 pm),

available by calling 303-550-4310,

at the door

or online at

http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/135951



Or purchase directly online at:


Wednesday, May 9, 2007

a little, little bedtime story about mom and dad

Dear Cash,
I loved reading Jennifer's story from New York City and I thought it might be nice to hear another fun story about your parents. I know my little boys love to hear about when Doug and I were little kids...Anyway, I met your mom a long time ago on a spring night in the back yard of my house on Marcy Street in Portsmouth. She was so fun and funny... there were lots of boys there, but us two ladies had a great time enjoying the stars and the beers . I'm not even sure if your Mom remembers this... but it was right when I was falling in love with my husband...I was so impressed with her laugh and kindness and hoped that we would be friends.
And your Dad is a hell of a guy... I met him a few years later after your mom fell in love with him... One day at our friend Brian's house, we were all having a casual day and to be truthful I can not remember the exact circumstances( which happens sometimes to grown ups) but it did become apparent that your Dad was missing for an extended period of time and then it became clear he was in the bathroom. Not just in the bathroom, but more like in the toilet. Brian's toilet had royally malfunctioned and your father spent hours , i mean hours, trying to rectify this situation. Here he was a guest in Brian's house and was seriously knee deep in some messy business. And let me say he was NOT responsible for the situation, just in case anyone was wondering... Anyway it became clear to me here was a man of extraordinary capabilities, patience and a sense of humor and I was very happy for your mom. (And still Brian stayed focused on flush not flood, flush, not flood...)
Anyway, Cash, I know you have lots of your mom and dad all wrapped up inside of you and it is a good thing. Cash I hope you are resting well and you have the medicine you need so that you do not hurt. All of our deepest love we are sending your way. Love Laura, and Doug.

No comments: